Interview: Bree Williamson's Unexpected Journey

Back in 2013, I was obsessed with the NBC nighttime drama “Deception.” I loved everyone on the show, especially Bree Williamson, who played murdered heiress Vivian Bowers (in flashback scenes, as we backtracked trying to figure out who killed her) in the soapy drama. I was sad it was canceled, especially because the Canadian beauty is such a nice woman. Prior to "Deception," I met Bree at Disney/MGM Studios' (now-defunct) Super Soap Weekend, and she was kind, generous and insightful. Which was why I jumped at the chance to interview her about her latest project. Bree stars in the Hallmark Channel original movie, “Portrait of Love,” which premieres March 14 at 9/8c. She plays April Littleton, a world-renowned fashion photographer who returns to her small town to help it raise money for its centennial celebration. When she gets there, she finds there’s a lot to love about her hometown, including the boy she left behind.

Celebrity Extra: What did you think when you first read the script and were considering the role of April?

Bree Williamson: I empathize with being at a crossroads in your life, where you’re doing really well and you’re feeling successful and everything’s great, but you’re not feeling completely fulfilled. She went on an unexpected journey. She goes to her hometown, and she’s swept away in the journey of finding love. She’s a really cool character; I thought it was written very well, and it is a really sweet love story that my son can watch.

CE: The chemistry between all of you onscreen was very good. Did you all get along well off-screen too?

BW: We did. It wasn’t acting. We really did all get along. I had a great time. It was really fun to work with everybody. It was a fun set, and we teased each other a lot. And Jason (Dohring, who plays Luke) really likes to work. He was available and really wanted to make it a great film and a great experience. Plus, he’s really a nice guy. And Frances Fisher is so cool. I love her so much. Caitlin Carmichael is just the sweetest little girl ever. I’m always fascinated with young actors and was impressed by how she was such a pro. I really enjoyed working with her.

CE: She really is phenomenal. She handled all the fun scenes well, and with her crying scene, she knocked it out of the park!

BW: I’ve seen grown-up actors who have to cry, and they’ll call for a clear set so they can cry, and be very high maintenance about it. But Caitlin was just such a pro about it. She was amazing.



CE: How was it working with Hallmark?

BW: Amazing. It’s a great network. They treated me so nicely. I can’t say enough. It was such a positive experience. I loved the entire crew, the hair and makeup, wardrobe. The director, Kristoffer Tabori, was amazing. He’s a classy guy. He was so open to talking about everything and the whole process. Plus, I was home every night at a regular time, and that’s a dream situation for an actor, especially for a mom. I can’t say enough good stuff about the experience. It was so wonderful.

CE: What do you hope viewers take away from the movie?

BW: I always hope that everybody just ends up feeling great after they watch something, that it brings some joy and happiness into their life. If it means more to them, that’s awesome, but that’s all I really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment